OT: Ideas as to best way to do this

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Thu Apr 17 06:06:31 IST 2008

My company has decided to have Google Apps handle our email. The problem is
there are some email addresses for our domain that I would like to continue
to deliver locally.

The options as I see them are:

1 - accept all email on Google Apps and then use nicknames and forward email
to the various nicknames to addresses on my mail server to be delivered
locally.

2 - receive all email on my server and then use virtusertable and/or
mailertable to pass the email on to Google Apps, delivering the rest
locally.

The downside of 1 is that at best the email is in a trash folder on Google
Apps as I do not see a way to permanently delete mail with a filter. I can
forward to a usable place and delete it but not get rid of it completely.

With option 2 I would not want to have MailScanner process, in any way, the
mail that is forwarded on to Google Apps, just the email to be delivered
locally. I do not know if there is a way to use multiple instances of
sendmail to sort the mail and pass some out to Google and the other onto
MailScanner and then get delivered locally.

Ideally I would like to do this with one computer. I could do option 2 with
a virtual server to do the sorting and then either another virtual or a real
server, on the same hardware, to deal with the local delivered mail.

Ideas you all can think of would be greatly appreciated.
--
Jim Dickenson
mailto:dickenson at cfmc.com

CfMC