MailScanner: extracting attachments

Gordon Wong gordonwong at wharftt.com
Wed Apr 16 09:10:01 IST 2008

Gordon Wong <gordonwong <at> wharftt.com> writes:

> Julian Field <MailScanner <at> ecs.soton.ac.uk> writes:
>

> > Do not set that unless you also set "Debug = yes". Much better to
> > specify both of them on the command-line. "MailScanner --help" will show
> > you the command-line options available.
> >
> > Gordon Wong wrote:
> > > Seems the problem occurs when you set "Debug Spamassassin = yes".
> > > Hope it helps. ^^
> > >
> > > Gordon
> > >

> > Jules
> >

> Just seen the diffs from Devon's two conf files and find that one file
> sets "Debug Spamassassin = yes" and the other "Debug Spamassassin = no".
> ^^
>
> btw, why the problem occurs when I set "Debug = no" and "Debug Spamassassin =
> yes" at the same time?
>
> (To be more specific, not only the MailScanner process will stop at
extracting
> attachments, but also its child process hangs at command:
> awk {printf "%s %s\n", strftime("%T"), $0}  (see the thread "Trouble with
> Mailscanner after upgrading to 4.68 (plz help)" from "test" on 6 Apr 10:29))
>
> Thanks for teaching.
>
> ^^

Sadly found that I can't set "Debug Spamassassin = yes" no matther "Debug = yes
or no".  It's as said by "Test"... those awk lines in the if
($MailScanner::SA::Debug)loop under /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SA.pm
causes the problem (i.e those "backslashes" in awk may not work for some
systems/shells).  I comment out the whole ($MailScanner::SA::Debug)loop and now
it works fine.

:-D

Gordon