Backscatter & challenge response

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Tue Apr 15 13:03:08 IST 2008

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:08:57 +0200
Peter Peters <P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl> wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote on 15-4-2008 7:04:
> > Devon Harding wrote:
> > >
> > > I agree totally. I bounce any mail from a known 'challenge
> > > response' user. The entire concept of 'challenge response' is
> > > flawed and a huge waste of time and bandwidth.

> > I can just speak for myself. But I found the following line in
> > header checks took care of one of them:
> > #       No dirty autoresponders
> > /^X-ChoiceMail-Registration-Request/    REJECT  We are not buying
> > into your ChoiceMail crap
>
> I reply to the message. They claim it is coming from me. I don't send
> out spam so it can't be spam. Perhaps it is something I send through a
> mailinglist. I don't know. So I make sure they get whatever their
> systems has blocked.

I have experienced the same phenomenon myself. My personal feeling is
that any idiot that is stupid enough to use a 'challenge response' and
not even smart enough to 'white list' news groups and mail forums is
not worth the time to play their stupid game. Screw the asshole. When
he/she stops receiving any worthwhile email, perhaps they will realize
what a complete idiot they have been. Again, they are probably not even
that intelligent.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net