New beta 4.69.3 released

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 21:42:48 IST 2008

I have now added arbitrary directory paths to the "store" Spam Action,
so you can specify Spam Actions like
store-/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/_TOUSER_._TODOMAIN_
and it will store the spam/high-scoring-spam/non-spam in an arbitrary
directory you specify, which can include the keywords _DATE_,
_FROMUSER_, _FROMDOMAIN_, _TOUSER_, _TODOMAIN_.

Julian Field wrote:
> I have released a new beta version of MailScanner, 4.69.3.
>
> The main new features in this beta are:
>
> - New keywords available in "Spam Actions" (and its relations) and
> "Archive Mail" in MailScanner.conf. These let you put _FROMUSER_,
> _FROMDOMAIN_, _TOUSER_, _TODOMAIN_ and _DATE_ in the "forward" email
> address in "Spam Actions" and in the archive location and forwarding
> addresses in "Archive Mail". This lets you build all sorts of fancy
> systems that use procmail to deliver messages directly into spam
> databases and mail archives that are sorted by recipient address, and
> clever things like that.
> - New MailScanner.conf setting "Missing Mail Archive Is =" which lets
> you specify whether a destination in "Archive Mail =" is an
> mbox-format file or a directory. This used not to be necessary as you
> could predict the name of the next mbox file as it could only contain
> fixed strings or the date, so you could create the mbox file in
> advance if you wanted to deliver to that format. However, now it can
> be based on the sender and/or recipients of the message, it cannot be
> predicted so has to be told which type to use if the archive location
> is not present. It will automatically create all necessary complete
> directories trees to be able to archive the mail in your requested
> location.
>
> Please let me know if this works for you okay, and also if there are
> any necessary facilities I have not provided for this to be most
> useful to you. The only one that immediately comes to mind is to be
> able to specify an arbitrary directory location in the "store" spam
> action. Do you need that ability to do that too?
>
> Cheers folks!
>
> Jules

Jules

--