private IPs listed in RBL

Julian Field MailScanner at
Thu Apr 10 21:09:47 IST 2008

admin at wrote:
> ----- "Alex Neuman" wrote:
> It's probably a "read error". As in "didn't read the notice years ago
> the ORDB list was going offline". :D
> Cute, but doesn't explain why all my private IPs are marked as being
> in an RBL.
Have you tried testing the questionaly IP addresses against RBL
membership at The other simple option is to use a
ruleset to stop MailScanner doing "Spam List" tests on mail coming from
the private IP addresses you use. A 1-line ruleset would probably do the

Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
Buy the MailScanner book at

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM

PGP public key: