MailScanner + Sendmail = stuck mail?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Thu Apr 10 16:17:34 IST 2008

Julian Field wrote:

> Rich West wrote:
>> Mike Kercher wrote:

Ahh.. ok.. that's what I was looking for.

Reverting the sendmail configuration back to a null client, it happily
sends email back to the exchange server farm.  From there, if I stop
sendmail and start up MailScanner (with it starting up sendmail), email
passes right through to the exchange server as if MailScanner never
touched it.

Watching the MailScanner --debug output, all I see is:
/usr/sbin/MailScanner --debug
In Debugging mode, not forking...
Trying to setlogsock(unix)
SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
Building a message batch to scan...

And /var/log/maillog shows:
root     24494     1  0 09:53 ?        00:00:00 sendmail: accepting
connections
smmsp    24500     1  0 09:53 ?        00:00:00 sendmail: Queue
runner at 00:15:00 for /var/spool/clientmqueue
root     24507     1  0 09:53 ?        00:00:00 sendmail: Queue
runner at 00:15:00 for /var/spool/mqueue
smmsp    25062 25058  0 11:01 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/sendmail
-FCronDaemon -i -odi -oem -oi -t

Interesting since my inbound queue is set to /var/spool/mqueue.in and
outbound queue is set to /var/spool/mqueue...

-Rich