SA/MS Installer dependencies

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Apr 8 19:22:38 IST 2008

Alex Broens wrote:
> On 4/8/2008 3:57 PM, Julian Field wrote:
>>

>> Alex Broens wrote:

>>> methods which *could* cause isssues in the future

>>> box with  the latest SA/Clam installer.

>>> in MS's

>>> I see them there... but as said. The installer borked with that msg.
>>>
>>> Thanks for (hopefully) adding the others  required by sa-update:
>>>
>>> _______________________________
>>> NOTE: the optional LWP::UserAgent module is not installed.
>>> NOTE: the optional HTTP::Date module is not installed.
>>>

>>>  The "sa-update" script requires this module to make HTTP
>>>   If-Modified-Since GET requests.
>>>
>>> optional module missing: HTTP::Date
>> So what you would actually like me to do is add HTTP::Date to the
>> SpamAssassin installation package?
>
> Yep,
> AND: If you & other admins agree, LWP::UserAgent and its *immediate*
> dependencies to be able to run sa-update out of the box.
All done. I have added libnet and libwww-perl to the (long) list already
there. They both appear to install unattended just fine, with the odd
"-n" and "yes n" commands here and there :-)

I have updated the copy of the ClamAV+SpamAssassin on the website.

If you download it and get an old version, your web browser / proxy /
cache is caching an out of date one somewhere, the version linked on the
website is definitely the right version.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM