Timestamp problem when running --debug-sa

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:40:25 IST 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 10:53 PM, Jeff A. Earickson <jaearick at colby.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I played with this on Friday, by fiddling with check_mailscanner.sh
>  and changing the PATH and AWK definitions there.  My GNU gawk is
>  in /usr/local/bin so I put that in the path first.  I use Solaris
>  10 (sparc) too.

I changed the paths in SA.pm instead.

>  I got debug mode to work with timestamps from gawk, but version
>  4.68.8 would just hang in the middle of a debug run with gawk
>  in play.  :(  Haven't had time to chase it further.

What is the expected behavior of --debug-sa? I have never really used
it. What it does for me it picks up messages already in mqueue.in and
then stops at the below line:

14:26:36 [29919] dbg: learn: auto-learn? no: inside auto-learn
thresholds, not considered ham or spam

It doesn't seem to be active after that though. I tried feeding
another message to it with mailx but it didn't pick that up so I had
to break it with ctrl-c. If I use only --debug (not both --debug and
--debug-sa) it returns after processing the current mail.

Is that what is to be expected?

--
/peter