MailScanner --lint errors

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Mon Apr 7 20:10:43 IST 2008

On Monday 07 April 2008 3:00 pm, Julian Field wrote:
> Dimitri Yioulos wrote:

> >> You can't just remove "+" signs like that, sorry!
> >> That line is a shorthand for
> >> $total_waiting_time = $total_waiting_time + $waiting_time;

> >> Jules
> >>
> >> --
> >> Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
> >> www.MailScanner.info
> >> Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
> >
> > Thanks, Jules.  I figured as much.  So that's what "+=" means.  Can these
> > errors be ignored as being tivial?
>
> Depends what the errors were. Your previous message didn't include the
> error messages.
>
> Jules
>
> --
> Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
> www.MailScanner.info

Sorry, they were edited out by a previous poster.  MailScanner --lint returns:

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
SpamAssassin temporary working directory
is /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
Use of uninitialized value in addition (+)
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 371.
plugin: eval failed: Can't locate object method "log_lookups_timing" via
package "Mail::SpamAssassin::AsyncLoop"
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 381.
SpamAssassin reported no errors.

spamassassin --lint retuns no errors.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.