MailScanner --lint errors

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at
Mon Apr 7 17:10:50 IST 2008

On Monday 07 April 2008 10:31 am, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Dimitri Yioulos wrote on Mon, 7 Apr 2008 07:53:56 -0400:
> > I didn't get that with mailscanner-4.65.3-1, my last version before
> > upgrading to the latest.
> sounds rather like a problem with SA. Did you also upgrade SA? You may be
> missing a now required Perl module. A timing package?
> Kai
> --
> Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
> Get your web at Conactive Internet Services:


I'm running the latest (RPM) version of SA - 3.2.4.  All of the perl SA 
modules look to be up-to-date, too.

I took a look at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpqamAssassin/ 
line 371, which read "$total_waiting_time += $waiting_time".  Just for fun, I 
deleted the +, ran MS --lint, and the first error was gone.  However, I'm not 
sure if the "+=" isn't a valid construct, and what the consequences of my 
change would be (and so may just put back the +).

As to the second error, I see the line in, but have no idea what it 
does.  Googling has turned up little.


This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

More information about the MailScanner mailing list