Sophos not running correctly after most recent update - Fixed!

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Fri Apr 4 16:47:22 IST 2008

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Julian
Field
Sent: 04 April 2008 14:33
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: Sophos not running correctly after most recent update

You're running an old MailScanner, and need (at least) a newer
sophos-autoupdate.
I have attached the latest version of this script to this message.
Replace the one in /usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-autoupdate with the
uncompressed copy from this message.

---

All working now - Many thanks Julian! I guess I had better schedule an
MS upgrade.

# ./sophos-wrapper /usr/local/Sophos
SWEEP virus detection utility
Version 4.28.0 [Linux/Intel]
Virus data version 4.28, April 2008
Includes detection for 381187 viruses, trojans and worms
Copyright (c) 1989-2008 Sophos Plc, www.sophos.com

Regards

Stef
Stefan Morrell          | Operations Director
Tel: 0845 3452820       | Alpha Omega Computers Ltd
Fax: 0845 3452830       | Incorporating Level 5 Internet
stef at aoc-uk.com         | stef at l5net.net

Alpha Omega Computers Ltd, Unit 57, BBTC, Grange Road, Batley, WF17 6ER.
Registered in England No. 3867142.  VAT No. GB734421454