Having problems installing on FreeBSD 64 Bit

Andrew Chester Andrew.Chester at ukuvuma.co.za
Fri Apr 4 14:03:15 IST 2008

Hi All

I'm having a problem installing MS on FreeBSD 6.3 64 Bit, I've updated the
ports tree a few times now and it has MailScanner 4.67.6_1 - but when I
try install it thru the ports tree, I keep getting this error:
"bdc-7.0.1_2 is only for i386, while you are running amd64". This happens
when the MS installation runs through it's dependancy list, I have tried
to find a 64bit package for bdc but can only find the i386 package.

I dont know why this is happening or what's gone wrong as I've installed
MS on the same version of FreeBSD on another gateway, also 64 Bit, without
a problem.

If anyone can advise on what to do, it would be greatly appreciated -
thank you.

Kind Regards,
Andrew

CONFIDENTIALITY CLAUSE This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and contains information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by telephone.