MailScanner children hanging on startup when spam.lists.conf file is open by another process

Warren Guy warren.guy at calorieking.com
Wed Apr 2 15:47:55 IST 2008

Julian Field wrote:
> Interesting locking problem. Does this only happen on BSD?

I can confirm that the problem also occurs on FreeBSD 6.3 and Postfix
2.5, however this machine is running the same version of MailScanner
(4.64.3) and Perl (5.8.8). I can't speak for any other platforms. Is
anyone else willing to try and replicate this? :)

I've just noticed that the FreeBSD port was updated to 4.67.6 a few days
ago, so I'll probably give that a go some time soon anyway.

--
Warren Guy
Senior System Administrator