How to deliver quarantined email with exim

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Apr 1 19:49:51 IST 2008

Kirk Lowery wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Julian Field
> <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>

>> Move them into /var/spool/exim/input, make sure they have exactly the
>>  same ownership, group and permissions as all the other files in there,
>>  and Exim should pick them up and deliver them.
>>  To hurry the process along, something like
>>  /usr/sbin/exim -C /etc/exit/exit_send.conf -Mc message-id-here
>>  should kick it into making a delivery attempt.
>>

> Thanks for your response.
>
> Here's what happened:
>
> delivering 1Jgjhp-0003fH-PS
> LOG: MAIN
>   Spool file 1Jgjhp-0003fH-PS-D not found
>
> Is there something wrong with my conf file?

Not if it normally works. See if you can make the outgoing exim do a
complete run of the queue. It should do this periodically anyway, so the
reason it couldn't find the file might be that it has already been
delivered. Has the files (-D and -H) gone since you moved them there?

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM