clamd and clamav with failover

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Apr 1 17:35:10 IST 2008

on 4-1-2008 3:53 AM Hakan VELIOGLU spake the following:
> Hi,
>
> Can mailscanner use clamav and clamd with failover. I mean it uses clamd
> for
> primary scanner and when clamd gets down or crashed it could use clamav
> until
> the next reload ( or restart).
>
> Is there a trick that I can use this behaviour.

The trick is to run something like mon or monit (or even a well crafted cron
script) that checks your critical services and restarts them if they die.

You can also run a second virus scanner for backup. If you use a corporate
desktop scanner, you might have an entitlement to a commandline scanner that
is supported by MailScanner.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and