Discard virus infected messages

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Sep 28 16:17:30 IST 2007

Martin Strand a écrit :
> I want to discard virus infected messages but am not sure how to do
> that. I tried "Deliver Disinfected Files = no" but MS still disinfects
> and delivers with that inline report. What I'm after is something like
> "Virus Actions = delete". Help?
>
> Thanks,
> Martin
Martin,

I think you are looking for:
# Still deliver (after cleaning) messages that contained viruses listed
# in the above option ("Silent Viruses") to the recipient?
# Setting this to "yes" is good when you are testing everything, and
# because it shows management that MailScanner is protecting them,
# but it is bad because they have to filter/delete all the incoming virus
# warnings.
#
# Note: Once you have deployed this into "production" use, you should set
# Note: this option to "no" so you don't bombard thousands of people with
# Note: useless messages they don't want!
#
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Still Deliver Silent Viruses = %rules-dir%/virus.to.quarantine.rules

[bead2306 at smtpe3 st_localbin]$ cat
/etc/MailScanner/rules/virus.to.quarantine.rules
Virus:  BackDoor- no
Virus:  Email.Hdr   no
Virus:  Email.Loan  no
Virus:  Email.Malware   no