Error in mailscanner with ID's duplicated

Eduardo Casarero ecasarero at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 03:17:38 IST 2007

2007/9/27, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>:
> on 9/27/2007 1:39 PM Dario Hernan spake the following:
> > Hi all! I have a problem with mailscanner, in the maillog file appears
> > errors of unlinking
> >
> > this is the error:
> >
> > grep Unlinking /var/log/maillog
> > Sep 23 08:32:27 xxxxxx MailScanner[16352]: Unlinking
> > /var/spool/mqueue.in/qfl8NDW7N0015922 failed: No such file or
> > directory
> > Sep 23 08:32:27 xxxxxx MailScanner[16352]: Unlinking
> > /var/spool/mqueue.in/dfl8NDW7N0015922 failed: No such file or
> > directory
> >
> > I was looking in google, but all posts talk about the lock type.
> > in my conhnfiguration the lock type is posix.
> >
> > sendmail version is 8.13.8
> > SpamAssassin version 3.2.1
> > the version of the mailscanner is the lastest
> >
> > can anybody help me??
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Dario
> That looks like something removed or renamed the files before mailscanner was
> done.

Can that happen if you shutdown MailScanner not in a polite way with
stop-mailscanner?

How does the MS Batch process the group of emails, moving step by step
all the emails togheter? something like this?:
check all emails in rbl
check all emails on spamassasing
check all emails on anti-virus
check spam actions
do "always looked up last" for all the batch?

what happens if a kill signal is recieved?