messages backing up - help

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Wed Sep 26 18:38:53 IST 2007

Chuck Rock a écrit :
> I am running FreeBSD 6.2 with MailScanner 4.61.7 and ClamAV 0.91.2 on a Dual
> Xeon 3.0GHz with 2 Gig RAM server.
>
> This box is just a pre-filter to do AV scan and the basic RBL and phishing
> scan. No spamassasin filtering on this server.
>
> I have been messing with the Max Children, Max Unscanned Messages Per Scan
> and Max Unsafe Messages Per Scan to find the magic numbers to get mail to
> prcess through this server smoothly.
>
> Max Children = 30
> Max Unscanned Messages Per Scan = 40
> Max Unsafe Messages Per Scan = 40
> Max Normal Queue Size = 5

Chuck,

First, I would not have changed Max Normal Queue Size to such a low
value.  Basically you tell MS to never deliver emails in FIFO order, but
to use a random order instead.  Max Children is also a tad on the high
side...

That being said, I think you may have a DNS problem.  Do you have a
local caching-nameserver?  If not, you should.  RBL relies heavily on DNS!

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste