Not Send Information About "Blocked Size Attachments"

Romulo Giordani. Boschetti romulo at interop.com.br
Tue Sep 25 23:08:01 IST 2007

Hi Julian,

>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any way to do not send any notification to recipient about
>> "Blocked Size Attachments" ?
>>
>>It usually better to block large messages at the MTA, saves all the
>>resources used by MailScanner unpacking the things in the first place.
I need to save the e-mail into quarantine, for that I need filtering into MailScanner and not into MTA.

>> Today I had examined the source code of MailScanner and edited the file
>> "MessageBatch.pm", and had modify the function "DeliverCleaned". How could I
>> turn it a "Rule" inside MailScanner?
>>
>> Not very easily.
Yes, I know. But I would like help you.

>> Could you please direct me where I find more information about MailScanner
>> Development ?
>>
>> I do it :-)

Thanks. Can You send me documents about development ?

Again Thanks ...

Um Abraço

Rômulo Giordani Boschetti
Analista de Suporte
LPI LEVEL 3
Interop
Fone: 51 3216.7000

Enviar: Terça-feira, 25 de Setembro de 2007 16h09min40s (GMT-0300) America/Sao_Paulo
Assunto: Re: Not Send Information About "Blocked Size Attachments"

Fabio Viero wrote:
> On 9/25/07, Romulo Giordani. Boschetti <romulo at interop.com.br> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any way to do not send any notification to recipient about
>> "Blocked Size Attachments" ?

It usually better to block large messages at the MTA, saves all the
resources used by MailScanner unpacking the things in the first place.
>> Today I had examined the source code of MailScanner and edited the file
>> "MessageBatch.pm", and had modify the function "DeliverCleaned". How could I
>> turn it a "Rule" inside MailScanner?

Not very easily.
>> Could you please direct me where I find more information about MailScanner
>> Development ?

I do it :-)

>> Best regards,

>> Rômulo Giordani Boschetti
>> Analista de Suporte
>> LPI LEVEL 3
>> Interop
>> Fone: 51 3216.7000
>>

>> --

> Did you try setting:
>
> Deleted Size Message Report = %report-dir%/deleted.size.message.txt

> Deleted Size Message Report =
>
> This may sound silly but i found you went the hard way. Maybe you
> haven´t tried some KISS philosophy (Keep It Simple Stupid) ;) don´t
> get angry about the Stupid, it´s just a say...

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM