OT: redirection, a bad idea???

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Sep 25 19:22:17 IST 2007

on 9/25/2007 11:05 AM Denis Beauchemin spake the following:
> Hello all,
>
> The PHB are talking about redirecting grad students' local email
> accounts to some other external account they read more frequently. All
> students get a @USherbrooke.ca email address in their first year.  PHB
> would like to continue sending emails to grad students at their
> @USherbrooke.ca email address after they left but instead of being
> stored on our servers, it would be redirected (probably through a LDAP
> lookup) to some external email address they would provide us.
>
> If implemented, will our servers risk getting blacklisted by others?  If
> so, how could I still redirect the emails without too much trouble?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Denis

If you spam test and virus scan the mail before forwarding it, you might be
OK. But you always run the risk of people who think "Report as Spam" is the
same as "unsubscribe".
You are always liable for "any" mail that leaves your system, no matter where
it originates from.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and