Second AV Scanner Suggestions

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Mon Sep 24 17:46:10 IST 2007

Johnny Stork wrote:
> I just went through a clean re-install of MS/SA etc and thought I might
> like to add a second scanner beyond clamav. What would most people
> suggest for a second av engine, maybe amavisd?.

Amavis isn't a virus scanner. Amavis, like MailScanner, is a tool to integrate
your choice of AV's into your mail system.

Personally, I'd recommend bitdefender as a second AV engine. Last I checked they
had a free linux command-line scanner that MS can use.

> Are there any
> tips/howtos on setting up some of these other engines?

install it, and in MailScanner.conf and add the appropriate AV's to your "virus
scanners" line:

ie:

Virus Scanners = clamav bitdefender

See the comments above that line in MailScanner.conf for details.