Re-Installing Mailscanner- Cant any suggest any tips?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Mon Sep 24 00:07:09 IST 2007

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007, Johnny Stork wrote:

> Well maybe a different subject line might ellicit a response. I am having to
> install MS on a newly built system and would like to try and transfer all
> settings and historical data to the new system. Any suggestions?

Let's go back to the real basic question you need to anser before you know
how to do this. Why do you reinstall?

  - The old system is not working well.
 	==> Copying everything will most likely get similar results.
  - The old hardware is (almost) broken.
 	==> Use the backup/restore procedure you worked out when you
 	declared it production ready.
  - .....

Hugo.

 	(Thanks JFK, for this quote of George Bernard Shaw.)