Re-Installing Mailscanner- Cant any suggest any tips?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Sep 23 18:26:50 IST 2007

Johnny Stork wrote:
> Well maybe a different subject line might ellicit a response. I am
> having to install MS on a newly built system and would like to try and
> transfer all settings and historical data to the new system. Any
> suggestions?
>
> I am guessing something along the lines of
>
> 1: Install the MS/Clam/SA packages on new system.
> 2: Export/import Mysql database
What does this contain? Have you been using MailWatch? MailScanner
itself doesn't use any mysql database.
> 3: Copy over old mailscanner.conf files (and other files?
Make sure you keep the new MailScanner.conf from the new system, rename
it to /etc/MailScaner/MailScanner.conf.rpmnew and then copy in the old
one, then upgrade_MailScaner_conf.
Do likewise for /etc/MailScanner/reports/*/languages.conf files too.

> --
> *Johnny Stork*
> Business & Technology Consultant
> stork at openenterprise.ca