MailScanner.conf and spam.assassin.prefs.conf consistency

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 09:26:21 IST 2007

On 9/18/07, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> shuttlebox wrote:
> > Could you add checks for the other lines usually containing %org-name%
> > too? Isn't it just the lines about headers for SA to ignore? If they
> > could be linted as well as the envelope_sender I think that would be
> > more than enough.
> >
> Sure. What other lines should I be checking?

It should be only these four:

bayes_ignore_header X-YOURDOMAIN-COM-MailScanner
bayes_ignore_header X-YOURDOMAIN-COM-MailScanner-SpamCheck
bayes_ignore_header X-YOURDOMAIN-COM-MailScanner-SpamScore
bayes_ignore_header X-YOURDOMAIN-COM-MailScanner-Information

They could be checked against:

Mail Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner:
Spam Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-SpamCheck:
Spam Score Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-SpamScore:
Information Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-Information:

...in the same way envelope_sender_header X-MailScanner-From is checked against:

Envelope From Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-From:

--
/peter