Mailscanner + postfix Mail loss

Mikael Syska mikael at syska.dk
Wed Sep 19 01:09:21 IST 2007

Hi,

Julian Field wrote:

> Mikael Syska wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thats also the best answer here ....
>>
>> What system(OS) are you running ?
>>
>> I also just saw in MailWatch after upgrading to 4.62.9 from FreeBSD
>> ports that MailScanner now marks the "Non delivery failure" as spam
>> ... witch I guess is a new function in that release .... so its worth
>> upgrading.
>>
>> Spam Report:spam(no null-header or sender address)
> This is from the Watermarking feature. You might want to leave that
> switched off to start with until you're happy with how it works.
>
> In the next version, I have changed that message to say "watermark"
> instead of "null-header" as that makes more sense to people.
Switched off ... then it would not catch all that spam I guess .... how
would I then know if it really works ?

btw ... we dont send though our MailScaner server .... so I guess I will
turn watermaking off, as having this turned dont seem like a very good
idea :-P as I just read though the docs .....

We have received 665000 mails .... whereas 10% of them are with no FROM
address ( it also includes legit mails ) ..... so ... maybe just take
all of them or .... I ******* **** thoose mails ... grrrrr
> [snip]

Mikael Syska