Performance between SpamAssassin 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 and 3.2.3

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Sep 18 18:12:46 IST 2007

You need to run MailScanner with both the debug flags
    MailScanner --debug --debug-sa
and thump Ctrl-S to stop the output when the output appears to stop at
all. Thump Ctrl-Q to restart the output.
You need to read just before and after the pause to see what it was
trying to do at the time.

Hope that helps,
Jules.

Mike Masse wrote:
> Just wondering if anything new has come out about this issue.   I've
> got 3.2.3 running, have applied the 5589 bug patch, disabled ASN and
> URIDNSBL like others have mentioned and it's still horribly slow
> around 1k/second.    I have an identical system running 3.1.8 and it's
> about 10 times faster.  I've tried looking at the debug output of
> spamassassin to see where the delay is actually occuring, but I'm not
> sure what to look for exactly.
>
> Mike
>
> Glenn Steen wrote:
>> On 17/08/07, Rose, Bobby <brose at med.wayne.edu> wrote:
>>> Sorry I couldn't provide feedback yesterday because my research became
>>> skewed due to router issues at Michnet which is the backbone provider
>>> for all of the univs here in Michigan.
>>>
>>> It looks like 3.2.3 with the SA bug patch 5589 took care of the issues.
>>> After about 24k messages so far, my times and queue is normal.  In
>>> fact,
>>> I've only see 6 Batches of 30s in my logs.  Also the debug output of SA
>>> for the DNS timings are normal compare to what I was seeing with 3.2.3
>>> without the patch.
>>>
>>> Bobby Rose
>>
>> Thanks Bobby, very good to know.
>>
>> Cheers