mail w/ 2 extension

Iad Scoot iad.scoot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 16:19:46 IST 2007

Hi,

Occasionally I receive legit email messages that include a "double
extension" - i.e. "filename.xxx.yyy" where "yyy" can be several different
extensions. The messages are protected with a specific Rights Management
system that does this double extension when it is protecting documents that
do not have native RMS capabilities (uses some type of encrypted envelope).
The problem is that MS seems to eat them - as expected I get a filename
warning message in place of the normal attachment but upon retrieving the
messages from quarantine they are typically corrupted.

Is there a way to exempt certain filetypes that are in this format - for
example, say something that would see the filename structure "
filename.txt.rmh" (regex might be ideal here for different file types) and
allow it to pass? I do not want to simply rely on domain-level exemptions if
possible as that (to me) would open a big hole in the protection.

Thanks...