Queue control?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Sep 15 13:46:50 IST 2007

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:

> When things were at their worst I was deleting the messages at the server
> through Webmin, although that put a fair load on the server. I took care of
> about 33,000 messages that way, and have picked up over 28,000 in my normal
> error-handling e-mail client. There are roughly 15,000 still on the server,
> and though it's slowed down dramatically since this afternoon, there are
> still more of the errors coming in. So with 75,000 so far, I'd expect it to
> hit 85,000 if the jerk doesn't run this again tomorrow.
>
> Either his list was really, really bad, or it was really, really huge.

All lists are very, very bad. On my domain there are at least a 1000
unique addresses in use by spammers. In real life there is only a handfull
of valid users here.

I recommend you see if there is a unique signature in the headers and see
if you can instruct sendmail to drop those. In postfix I got headers
checks like: