question about "unknown string"

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:52:47 IST 2007

On 14/09/2007, Jonas Lilja <jonas.lilja at exallon.sigma.se> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Is "unknown string" in the maillog anything I should worry about? I have
> runned the upgrade_languages_conf-command after upgrading MS to
> mailscanner-4.63.7-2
>
> Regards
>
> Jonas

(snip)
You probably cut'n'pasted the suggested commands from the upgrade
script, without checking that you really had an .rpmnew file, in the
first place. So you likely have the correct file as languages.conf.old
... or somesuch... and have an empty languages.conf file... I'm sure
you can figure out how to mv everything back into place:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn