RBLs

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Sep 13 23:25:50 IST 2007

Julian Field spake the following on 9/13/2007 1:59 PM:

> Scott Silva wrote:
>> Mikael Syska spake the following on 9/13/2007 1:17 PM:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just wondering ... is this a busy system or private home server ?
>>> What are the mail flow ?
>>>
>>> // ouT

>> Corporate mailservers serving about 100 users each in California, US.
>> We are a public utility serving about 80,000 plus consumers in parts
>> of 6 cities.  Mail is usually around 10,000 to 15,000 per day before
>> filtering. Usually 1000 or less legitimate mails, some are rather
>> large word documents going back and forth with attorneys.
> To save space on your mail servers, have you considered trying out the
> auto-zip functionality in MailScanner? It will squash Word documents a lot.
>
> Jules

I considered it a lot, but I'm sure the complaints from the users will just
increase. Any change in how things work gives me nothing but grief. You should
have heard the noise when I disabled mailing movie files! You would think I
unplugged the coffee pot!
And when I blocked social pages like Myspace and Facebook at the proxy, people
actually had the stones to ask why I did it. I asked them when they had time
to do any real work if they were on myspace all day and hinted that HR might
be looking at the proxy logs and they all shut up. BOFH!!!

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and