Max File Size blocking

Gerhard Bressler Gerhard.Bressler at meinhart.at
Thu Sep 13 17:54:02 IST 2007

Hi list,

I installed a new server with mailscanner 4.63.8 and Mailwatch 1.04.
At my old server was MS 4.55 and MW 1.03.

The problem for me is, that on the old system a message which exceeds
the <Maximum Message Size> limit, got an entry in Mailwatch with 'Other
Infection' and was stored in quarantaine-folder.

On the new system the message is also stored in quarantine, but it
doesn't get the Flag 'Other Infection'. So its hard to find out which
message has been blocked.

Is this a configuration issue or a change in MailScanner  ?

hoping for help
Gerhard