Mailscanner with CRM114 - getting past "unknown" in headers

Ian cobalt-users1 at fishnet.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 11:55:35 IST 2007

On 12 Sep 2007 at 10:54, Chris Yuzik wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using MailScanner and SA with CRM114 and am getting the following
> in my headers:

> The strange thing is that if I check a message in the system's
> quarantine with the following, the proper information shows up (just
> the relevant part is pasted):
>
> # spamassassin -t < l8CHZtYJ016597
> MR-BD9991E2 X-Spam-CRM114-CacheID:
> sfid-20070912_104730_888511_104EF1BB X-Spam-CRM114-Status: SPAM (
> -26.32 )
>
> So, questions.
>
> 1) is the version info not showing up likely because of something to
> do with MailScanner? Or could it be something else? It seems odd that
> the header gets put in, but the data just ends up being "UNKNOWN",
> except when run from the shell. 2) am I using the current version of
> CRM114 and/or mailreaver?

Hi,

I have not had chance to set up CRM114 yet but I can tell you how to check debug
spamassassin as run by MailScanner as I have recently been debugging the Botnet plugin.
The following command line will run a lint check and put the stderr output into a file:

as root: (or whatever user you run MailScanner as):

spamassassin -D -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint 2> debug.txt

To test a specific message in the file test_message:

spamassassin -D -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf < test_message>
test_spam_output 2> test_spam_debug

This should help track down your problem.

Regards

Ian