Lots of spam gets through because of BAYES_00 -2.60

Greg Matthews gmatt at nerc.ac.uk
Thu Sep 13 11:49:17 IST 2007

Chris W. Parker wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 12, 2007 5:38 AM Greg Matthews said:
>
>> In summary, if Bayes is not working for you, its worth taking the time
>> to get it right rather than simply skewing the scores.
>
> Would you mind giving more details on how I can take the time to "get it
> right"?

theres no substitute for reading the docs! SA is a complex piece of
software and you need to understand at least how it works. but...

- make sure it is getting plenty of ham training and not just high
scoring spam. You may need to adjust the threshold(s) for this.
- make sure you feed back the false positives and negatives so it learns
from them.
- remember when feeding messages back in, they need to be as pristine as
possible. Try to remove any extra markup they may have from MailScanner
and your mail relays.

--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445
Head of UNIX/Linux, iTSS Wallingford