RBLs

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Sep 12 22:30:25 IST 2007

Gareth spake the following on 9/12/2007 6:33 AM:
> Has anyone configured spamassassin to use additional RBLs other than
> what comes in the default configuration?
>
> I use Spamhaus and Spamcop in postfix but there are lots of alternatives
> available and the best way to test them would be to configure them in
> spamassassin and use the mailwatch report to see the % of ham and spam
> it matches.

I have a few.

---snip----

header   RCVD_IN_PSBL          eval:check_rbl('psbl', 'psbl.surriel.com.')
describe RCVD_IN_PSBL          Received via a relay in PSBL
tflags   RCVD_IN_PSBL          net
score    RCVD_IN_PSBL          0 1.50 0 1.50

header   RCVD_IN_UCE_PFSM_1          eval:check_rbl('UCE_PFSM_1',
'dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net')
describe RCVD_IN_UCE_PFSM_1          Received via a relay in UCE_PFSM_1
tflags   RCVD_IN_UCE_PFSM_1          net
score    RCVD_IN_UCE_PFSM_1          0 1.50 0 1.50

header   RCVD_IN_UCE_PFSM_2          eval:check_rbl('UCE_PFSM_2',
'dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net')
describe RCVD_IN_UCE_PFSM_2          Received via a relay in UCE_PFSM_2
tflags   RCVD_IN_UCE_PFSM_2          net
score    RCVD_IN_UCE_PFSM_2          0 1.50 0 1.50

header   RCVD_IN_UCE_PFSM_3          eval:check_rbl('UCE_PFSM_3',
'dnsbl-3.uceprotect.net')
describe RCVD_IN_UCE_PFSM_3          Received via a relay in UCE_PFSM_3
tflags   RCVD_IN_UCE_PFSM_3          net
score    RCVD_IN_UCE_PFSM_3          0 1.50 0 1.50

header   DNS_FROM_MPBULK_RHSBL	eval:check_rbl_from_host('mprhs',
'bulk.rhs.mailpolice.com.')
describe DNS_FROM_MPBULK_RHSBL	From: sender listed in bulk.rhs.mailpolice.com
tflags   DNS_FROM_MPBULK_RHSBL	net
score    DNS_FROM_MPBULK_RHSBL	2.0

urirhsbl  URIBL_BULK_MPRHS  bulk.rhs.mailpolice.com.   A
body      URIBL_BULK_MPRHS  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_BULK_MPRHS')
describe  URIBL_BULK_MPRHS  Contains a URL listed in the MailPolice bulk
senders list
tflags    URIBL_BULK_MPRHS  net
score     URIBL_BULK_MPRHS  2.0

urirhsbl  URIBL_PORN_MPRHS  porn.rhs.mailpolice.com.   A
body      URIBL_PORN_MPRHS  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_PORN_MPRHS')
describe  URIBL_PORN_MPRHS  Contains a URL listed in the MailPolice porn
domains list
tflags    URIBL_PORN_MPRHS  net
score     URIBL_PORN_MPRHS  2.0

urirhsbl  URIBL_FRAUD_MPRHS  fraud.rhs.mailpolice.com.   A
body      URIBL_FRAUD_MPRHS  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_FRAUD_MPRHS')
describe  URIBL_FRAUD_MPRHS  Contains a URL listed in the MailPolice fraud
domains list
tflags    URIBL_FRAUD_MPRHS  net
score     URIBL_FRAUD_MPRHS  2.0

header   RCVD_IN_SPAMCANNIBAL          eval:check_rbl('spamcannibal',
'bl.spamcannibal.org.')
describe RCVD_IN_SPAMCANNIBAL          Received via a relay in SpamCannibal
tflags   RCVD_IN_SPAMCANNIBAL          net
score    RCVD_IN_SPAMCANNIBAL          0 1.50 0 1.50

header   RCVD_IN_MSRBL          eval:check_rbl('msrbl', 'combined.rbl.msrbl.net.')
describe RCVD_IN_MSRBL          Received via a relay in MSRBL
tflags   RCVD_IN_MSRBL          net
score    RCVD_IN_MSRBL          0 1.50 0 1.50

---snip---

Some are better than others, as I haven't had time to evaluate them for a while.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and