TNEF Question

Derek Buttineau derek at csolve.net
Wed Sep 12 21:26:47 IST 2007

On 2007-Aug-14, at 5:00 PM, Julian Field wrote:

> That code has changed quite a bit since then. I found a bug in the
> external TNEF decoder support code which I have fixed.

Hi Julian,

I finally had a chance to review the TNEF changes in Version 4.62.9
and found that my test winmail.dat (which had worked fine with
4.61.7) was coming back as unparsable.  After  a bit of head
scratching, I think I found the problem.   The default umask of 0022
on the system was causing the tnef.$$ subdirectory to be created with
a mode of 0640 instead of 0777 and a result when the external decoder
was called it was unable to extract the files to the newly created
directory.

To work around this, I simply added the chmod 0700 to bring it inline
with the InternalDecoder().  I've included the patch for 4.62.9 (as
minor as it is)