Lots of spam gets through because of BAYES_00 -2.60

Gareth list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com
Tue Sep 11 19:55:25 IST 2007

Its the percentage certantity that it is spam. So BAYES_00 is 0% certain
that its spam.
The problem is that in corporate enviroments you dont generally
automatically learn known spam. The only learning that we do is on spam
which gets through (<0.1% for us) and which gets learn from the autolearn
feature.
The problem is that the default autolearn configuration only learns spam
with a score ov over 20 so there will be some types of spam which never get
learnt and therefore continue to get a low bayes score.
Thats why I advise using as many rules as possible even if only a few spam
get through. More rules means more spam with a score of over 20 so the more
effective bayes gets.