Mailscanner or Postfix, which one wins for you and why?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Sep 10 17:56:36 IST 2007

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) spake the following on 9/10/2007 9:06 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I currently have a mailserver and workstation behind an IPCop firewall.
> I have been investigating MailScanner as it seems to allow far easier
> editing of the parts that make up a firewall.
>
> Given the number of IPCop addons that can allow an admin vast powers,
> although I haven't installed any yet as I am a GUI man, the question
> remains to all those IPCop users that have switched to MailScanner if it
> is better/easier to use update and configure than IPCop.
>
> I await the comments with interest.
>
> Regards
> Hylton
Ipcop and mailscanner are as different as apples and oranges. Ipcop is a
internet firewall and mailscanner is a mail filter. It is like stating that
you want to replace your farm tractor with a sports car. They do different things.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and