Error in documentation/src code?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Sep 10 18:13:34 IST 2007

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) spake the following on 9/10/2007 9:00 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I am investigating installing MailScanner on openSUSE 9/10.2 and would
> be installing it for use with a Postfix mailserver. From the web page
> for this at http://www.mailscanner.info/postfix.html
>
> How to Set up MailScanner for Use with Postfix
> In your MailScanner.conf file (probably in /etc/MailScanner or
> /opt/MailScanner/etc), there are 5 settings you need to change. They are
> all really near the top of the file. The settings are
>
>      Run As User = postfix
>      Run As Group = postfix
>      Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/hold
>      Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/incoming
>      MTA = postfix
>
> Should the outgoing Queue Dir not read /var/spool/postfix/outgoing, it
> is going out not coming in??
>
> Regards
> Hylton
No. It is still mail incoming to the main postfix process. New mails go into
hold, and mailscanner processes them and puts them in incoming. If mailscanner
was not installed, the mail would go straight to incoming.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and