MailScanner lock up Problem

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 12:39:26 IST 2007

On 07/09/2007, Paul Kelly :: Blacknight Solutions <paul at blacknight.ie> wrote:
> Steve Freegard wrote:
>
> > By the looks of the strace - my gut tells me that the problem is related
> > to syslog.  Hopefully that might point you in the right direction.
> >
> > Also - make sure that 'nscd' isn't running as that's caused me no end of
> > trouble in the past with similar symptoms.
>
> Syslog you say. Hmmmm. No joy on that front. Also don't have nscd enabled.
>
> Paul

The obvious questions are: What did you change, prior to the problems
starting? Do you monitor your HW with something like SMART
capabilities etc? Anything like that indicating a failing drive? How a
bout controller/RAM/etc etc?

Unfortunately, SW have to run on HW... and HW can fail in the most ...
interesting... ways:-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn