{Disarmed} Re: doesnt release from hold

Gareth list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com
Thu Sep 6 18:59:09 IST 2007

Create a file called scan.message.rules within your /etc/MailScanner/rules
directory and put the following two lines in it :-
From:           127.0.0.1       no
FromOrTo:       default         yes

Now edit MailScanner.conf and change the section so it looks like (last line
has been changed):-

# If this is set to yes, then email messages passing through MailScanner
# will be processed and checked, and all the other options in this file
# will be used to control what checks are made on the message.
# If this is set to no, then email messages will NOT be processed or
# checked *at all*, and so any viruses or other problems will be ignored.
#
# The purpose of this option is to set it to be a ruleset, so that you
# can skip all scanning of mail destined for some of your users/customers
# and still scan all the rest.
# A sample ruleset would look like this:
#   To:       bad.customer.com  no
#   From:     ignore.domain.com no
#   FromOrTo: default           yes
# That will scan all mail except mail to bad.customer.com and mail from
# ignore.domain.com. To set this up, put the 3 lines above into a file
# called /etc/MailScanner/rules/scan.messages.rules and set the next line to
# Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset (as illustrated above).
Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules

Now restart mailscanner and you should be able to release files from the
quarantine.