SPF wildcards by spammers

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Tue Sep 4 22:43:47 IST 2007

Hi,

I was debugging a Barracuda when I noticed an interresting thing. I saw
email coming in from a domain which is clearly for spam related to those
blue pills for men.

They have a SPF record but it is a "everything goes" one. I guess it is
intended to try to bypass filters.

If it becomes more common we might wish to use this knowledge to fight
back against spammers.

Hugo.

 	(Thanks JFK, for this quote of George Bernard Shaw.)