query regarding qurantine release

Mail Administrator mailadmin at baladia.gov.kw
Tue Sep 4 21:28:03 IST 2007

Dear All,

I have the following setup on my server

1) Centos
Primary Mail server
Primary dns server
Mailscanner
Webmail server

most of the users use their browser to login to the above server for
sending and checking their mails
everything is been workin perfectly

i installed mailwatch so that i could release quarantine mails at my decision

i then followed the exact steps as mentioned in the FAQ

http://mailwatch.sourceforge.net/doku.php?id=mailwatch:faq

and now i tried to test

i sent a mail with attachment from my Yahoo account to my local mail
server and it was blocked my mailscanner whcih is perfect
n i logged in mailwatch and i could release the attachment and after i
released if went perfectly to my mailbox. thats grt

now i sent a mail with attachemnt from my local account using webmail to
my yahoo account and it went perfectly fine

and in my mailwatch details ..
status as whitelist
spam score 0.00

since 127.0.0.1 is white listed as per the rules..

So i see that Mailscanner n mailwatch works jus perfect for the mails
received its grt

but i have queries regading mail sent by users using the browser with webmail

1) does mailscanner do a virus n spam check on the mails sent since i see
in mailwatch the status is

status as whitelist
spam score 0.00
cause if this does not happen then the users pc inefcted will cause the
mail server to spam or send infected mails out

2) obviously i would like mailscanner to scan and block any attachments
sent by my users via webmail and they should only be sent when released
from quarantine with mailwatch

how do i the above .. setup rules for doin that

basically i see that after i implemented the steps in FAQ regarding the
release of quarantine mails i see that it works perfect for mails with
attachment received and not for mails sent

really wd apprecite your help

Regards

Simon

--