Prombem with rule actions

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Mon Sep 3 18:48:19 IST 2007

Gareth wrote:
> Understood but where are these quarantines?
>
> I have /var/spool/mailscanner/quaranteen which contains directories like
> 20070803 and within that directories named according to the mail ID with the
> message and any attachments within it.
>
> Where do each of these store options actually try to save the files?
>

>> #    store                   - store the message in the (spam) quarantine

%quarantine-dir%/<<date>>/spam/<<msgid>>

>> #    store-nonmcp            - store the message in the non-MCP quarantine

%quarantine-dir%/<<date>>/nonmcp/<<msgid>>

>> #    store-mcp               - store the message in the MCP quarantine

%quarantine-dir%/<<date>>/mcp/<<msgid>>

>> #    store-nonspam           - store the message in the non-spam quarantine

%quarantine-dir%/<<date>>/nonspam/<<msgid>>

>> #    store-spam              - store the message in the spam quarantine

%quarantine-dir%/<<date>>/spam/<<msgid>>

If you are having trobule with MailWatch reading these then make sure
your permissions settings are correct (Quarantine Perms = 0660 and
Quarantine Group = <<web server group>>) and that you are storing
quarantined items in RFC822 format (e.g. Quarantine Messages As Queue
Files = No) as these are the most common causes of problems.

Cheers,
Steve.