Heavy increase in spam, (now lingering connections to sendmail/etc.)

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Sep 3 09:31:27 IST 2007

Michael R. Dilworth wrote on Sun, 2 Sep 2007 16:55:12 -0700:

> Not from a single IP, "that I know of",

If you are running 8.13 or newer then you can do that. There is a new
directive conncontrol that limits the concurrent connections per IP.

> Question from ME! what does sendmail respond with in the B case?

It tempfails.

>     Note to self: don't delete threads automatically based on subject.
>     Also a request, when the "subject" changes drastically such as
>     this one has, Maintain the thread or not, but please change/alter
>     the subject.

Actually, the subject didn't change "drastically", it didn't change at all.
It's still about "Heavy increase in spam".

> x-dilworth.net-mailscanner-information:

remove the ".", it's not allowed there.

Kai

--