Error after postfix upgrade

Jeroen Koekkoek jtm.koekkoek at home.nl
Wed Oct 31 17:31:20 GMT 2007

Rick Emery wrote:
> Quoting Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk>:
>
>> Upgrade your MailScanner (I'll be releasing a new version tomorrow
>> morning, so wait until then). This code is commented out in the latest
>> version, it has been re-implemented differently.
>
> Here's the (admittedly stupid) thing I did to get email working again.
>
> I downloaded the latest version of MailScanner and compared the
> Postfix.pm file.  There's a comment there that specifically addresses
> this situation, so I checked the other differences and decided to just
> copy the new Postfix.pm file over the old one. Mail is working, though
> I get some different errors that I've worked around.
>
> I was trying to stay within Ubuntu's package management. I knew I
> wouldn't have the latest and greatest code, but I at least thought
> they wouldn't upgrade a package without upgrading other related
> packages (or at least keeping them compatible). Obviously, I was wrong.
>
> The "right" thing to do would probably be to remove the MailScanner
> package and install from the latest tarball from the MailScanner site,
> but I had really hoped to stick with the distribution's package
> manager :-(
>
> Thanks, everybody, for the tips.
>
> Rick
Hi Rick,

There's a debian source package here:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mailscanner. It's the
latest stable of MailScanner. Of course you could always create your own
debian package. But this should do, it's packaged by the same person who
also build the 4.58 version you're using right now.

Jeroen