Receive - scan and forward to other domain name

Mailscanner mailscanner at mckerrs.net
Wed Oct 31 05:12:46 GMT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Bernal" <donpool at gmail.com>
To: mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 1:51:29 PM (GMT+1000) Australia/Brisbane
Subject: Receive - scan and forward to other domain name

Hi everyone,

I readed this
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:sendmail:how_to:setup_a_gateway
setup a gateway explanation on how to receive - scan and forward an
email sent to some domain...

But what I need is:

* Receive an email to sameuser at onedomain.com on a MailScanner box
* MailScan this message
* Forward it to sameuser at otherdomain.com where otherdomain.com it's an
extra local-box expecting to receive emails to anyuser at otherdomain.com

There's a way to do this ?

Thank's in advance
don pool

I'm not sure I understand why you would want to do this. I'm guessing you have the MX records for the 'otherdomain.com' pointing at the same server as 'onedomain.com' ? or do you only advertise 1 domain with an MX record ? I'm not sure what value there is in having 2 domains to do this as there is only really one in use ? Wouldn't you be better to just have 1 advertised domain and reduce the complexity by only have one final mail server for that domain ?

I must be missing something.

As far as your question goes...........I dont think you can do this with mailscanner, it is more of an MTA function. I use postfix and it can do all sort of address rewriting (as I'm sure most decent MTAs can). I use a transport map to direct any email destined for a certain domain to be routed to that domains email server. Which MTA are you using ?

Cheers.
believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.