Too many attachements / e-mail bouncing?

Blaze King blazek at lake-coe.k12.ca.us
Mon Oct 29 05:55:49 GMT 2007

Ok I've searched a bit, but can't find exactly why this is happening.  I have a user that frequently gets blocked by mailscanner for this reason:  "Too many attachments in message".  Thing is, they have only a few attachments, but here's what the log says:

Oct 28 09:16:54 mail MailScanner[8054]: Too many attachments (299) in l9SGGbLU015119

If I view the message (in MailWatch or cat the file directly), it appears that the message repeats over and over again.  The message is sent using Squirrelmail, and MailScanner 4.64.1.  This occurs for the user when sending messages to the same domain (same server), and to outside (Earthlink) e-mail servers.  I can't find a problem in the message headers, and I'm not sure where else to look  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Blaze King
Lake County Office of Education
(707) 262-4147