Weird Problem with MailScanner {Scanned by Allteks Mailsafe}

Damian Rivas damian at cht.com.ar
Fri Oct 26 15:28:51 IST 2007

Hi people, it seems this is a never ending story...

Yesterday I've installed and configured the MIMEDefang, today I started
making some tests on the server but the MIMEDefang is assigning "User
Unknown" status to addresses that are actually known.

I think the problem is in the function to filter recipients some on you
sent me on this link:
http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?RelayCheckAddresses

This is the function posted there:

Larry Starr's version:
"<my internal server>" - should be the name of the machine that you are
relaying for i.e. "internalserver.mydomain.com"
The RE for setting $relay should be your mail domain "mydom.com" should,
of course be your domain "\bmydomain\.com\b"
"myfqdn" should be the name of the server running mimedefang i.e
"mail.mydomain.com"

Hope this helps someone.
sub filter_recipient
{
      my($recip, $sender, $ip, $host, $first, $helo,
              $rcpt_mailer, $rcpt_host, $rcpt_addr) = @_;

      my $relay = undef;
      $relay = "<my internal server>" if ($recip =~ /\bmydom\.com\b/);
      if ($relay)
      {
              return md_check_against_smtp_server($sender, $recip,
                      "myfqdn", $relay);
      }

      return('CONTINUE', "OK");  # accept recipient if dont find relay
}

And this is my custom function based on the above one:

#customized function to filter recipients:
sub filter_recipient
{
      my($recip, $sender, $ip, $host, $first, $helo,
              $rcpt_mailer, $rcpt_host, $rcpt_addr) = @_;

      my $relay = undef;
      $relay = "172.16.48.19" if ($recip =~ /\bcht\.com\.ar\b/) or
($recip =~ /\
baaovyt\.com\.ar\b/) or ($recip =~ /\bskalbue\.com\.ar\b/) or ($recip =~
/\bci-e
duc\.com\.ar\b/) or ($recip =~ /\hispanoamericana\.com\.ar\b/) or
($recip =~ /\b
consulthouse\.travel\b/) or ($recip =~ /\bconsul\.travel\b/);

      if ($relay)
      {
              return md_check_against_smtp_server($sender, $recip,
                      "ns2.cht.com.ar", $relay);
      }

      return('CONTINUE', "OK");  # accept recipient if dont find relay
}

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding some of the aliases this guy uses or
something like that. Please if you can point me where my error is I'll
be really grateful.

Regards

Damian