Mandriva 2007 Mailscanner installation error

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:51:12 IST 2007

On 25/10/2007, Gordon Colyn <gordon at itnt.co.za> wrote:
> ITNT Banner
> When I run the installation I get an rpm-build error.  I get around it by
> changing the following lines;
>
> elif [ -d /usr/src/RPM ]; then
>   echo Okay, you have /usr/src/RPM.
>   RPMROOT=/usr/src/RPM

> elif [ -d /usr/src/rpm ]; then
>   echo Okay, you have /usr/src/RPM.
>   RPMROOT=/usr/src/rpm
>
> Can you cater for this in future releases?
>
> Thanks

Hmmmm. I don't recall doing this, but a simple symbolic link would fix
this.... Lets see:
# ls /usr/src/
linux@  linux-2.6.17-5mdv/  rpm/  RPM@
# cat /etc/mandriva-release
# rpm -qf /usr/src/RPM
filen /usr/src/RPM tillhör inget paket
# rpm -qf /usr/src/rpm
rpm-build-4.4.6-10.1mdv2007.0
#

... so either "something" or "someone" (like... me:-) has created that
link (ln -s ....).

Fixing up the script to handle both case should be trivial though, so
... why not:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn