Weird Problem with MailScanner

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Tue Oct 23 17:38:13 IST 2007

Damian Rivas wrote:
> People:
>
> I've finally updated SA after installing all the perl modules which
> were missing. Now what is left to finish this is the Backscattering
> filter on sendmail.
>
> If you know a better way than inserting every single valid address for
> each domain in the access file for relay and catching the rest, please
> let me know because it would be a real pain to write every single mail
> address.

Use smf-sav.  It queries the Exchange server for a valid address using
LDAP so you don't have to update the access list every time you add a
new user.  Pretty easy to set up too, although it is a little vague in a
couple spots - but that's what we're all here for. :-)

It also caches the result, so if something comes in for
joe at yourdomain.com it remembers that joe is a valid user and doesn't
have to do a new lookup until it times out some hours later.  You can
adjust the timeouts.  Naturally it remembers invalid users as well...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500